A product of deja vu or just time flying, we're not sure, but whatever it is, it's time to welcome the hype surrounding the 10-year anniversary of the Food Network South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SBWFF or 'the fest' from hereon in). When tix go on sale on Monday, October 25, you'll have the chance to buy tickets to the fest's signature event, the Whole Foods Market Grand Tasting Village, at 10% off. One day only. Click here to snatch them up. In the meantime, for those who can't wait until February 24, SBWFF is hosting a series of cooking demos at Whole Foods Market in Coral Gables staring at 7 p.m. next Tuesday, October 12 with Fratelli Lyon's Ken Lyon. Those who go to the demos will be entered to win 2 tix to the Grand Tasting Village on Sunday, February 27. Reservations are required so call 305-421-9421. [EaterWire]
Cooking Demo Schedule
· Tuesday, October 12, 2010 Chef Ken Lyon, Fratelli Lyon
· Tuesday, November 9, 2010 Chef Howie Kleinberg, Bulldog BBQ
· Thursday, November 11, 2010 Chef Michael Altman, Town Kitchen & Bar
· Tuesday, December 7, 2010 Chef Doug Rodriguez, De Rodriguez
· Thursday, December 9, 2010 Chef Hedy Goldsmith, Michael’s Genuine F&D
· Tuesday, January 18, 2011 Chef Allen Susser, Chef Allen’s
· Thursday, January 20, 2011 Chef Sean Brasel, Meat Market
· Tuesday, January 25, 2011 Chef Gonzalo Rivera, La Marea at The Tides
· Thursday, January 27, 2011 Chef Kris Wessel, Red Light
*Tribute Dinner honoring Alain Ducasse presented by Bank Of America on Saturday, February 26.
*Let Them Eat Cake hosted by Emeril Lagasse and Martha Stewart on Friday, February 25 in the garage---er, event space at 1111 Lincoln Road.
*The Best Thing I Ever Ate At the Beach, Saturday, February 28 at the Ritz Carlton South Beach featuring Master of Ceremonies Duff Goldman with Anne Burrell, Sunny Anderson, Chuck Hughes, Scott Conant, Geoffrey Zakarian and more
The Brilliance of France – dinner prepared by chefs Pascal Nibaudeau (Le Pressoir d’Argent at The Regent Grand Hotel Bordeaux) and Jean-Marie Gautier (Le Villa Eugenie at the Hôtel du Palais in Biarritz)
Dolce Brunch hosted by Gail Simmons and Michael White
Barilla Interactive Lunch hosted by Bryan and Michael Voltaggio
Italian in Paradise hosted by Giada De Laurentiis
Barilla Interactive Dinner hosted by CHOPPED stars Ted Allen with Marc Murphy, Alex Guarnaschelli and Aarón Sánchez
Wine + Dine + Design – the Festival’s ultimate dine around in Miami’s trendy Design District
Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink Brunch at Sea
Paula Deen’s Down Home Cookin’ Sunday Gospel Brunch
For full schedules, times and dates, click here.