Following up 2012 James Beard Best Chef South winner Chris Hastings' stop at Harry's Pizzeria last week, tickets for Hugh Acheson's September 12 pop-up at the eatery are now on sale. Acheson, hailing from Georgia, will be cooking up a four course menu full of his Southern flair, which was also recently rewarded with two James Beard wins - 2012 Best Chef Southeast and 2012 Best 'American Cooking' Cookbook. Tickets for the Empire State South Pizzeria pop-up are $156.24 and include free-flowing wine and a copy of the award-winning cookbook.
Welcome Cocktail: Maker's and Ginger
· pimento cheese sandwiches
· fried bologna with bread and butter pickle on Hawaiian roll
· beef tartare, red pepper paste, capers, shallot on benne cracker.
· roasted fig pizza, housemade ricotta, ESS 16 month ham
· Florida rock shrimp salad: corn, wood roasted rock shrimp, lardo mayo, pickled peppers, fermented carrot and peanuts
· red snapper crudo, pickled sea beans, GA olive oil, hot sauce crème fraiche
· wood roasted lamb heart, oatotto, roasted okra, chow chow
· whole wood roasted Cornish game hen with hen jus
· creamed corn kimchi
· sweet and sour globe eggplant
· roasted carrots with mint & sorghum vinaigrette
· chess pies with mango sorbet
[Photo Courtesy of Sarah Dorio]