This summer, news spread that celebrity chef Michael Mina, owner of Bourbon Steak in Aventura, planned to open a second Miami restaurant in the main lobby of the Fontainebleau Miami Beach. Today his reps share more details on the project.
For one, the restaurant will be called Michael Mina 74 (not RN74 as rumored). It's a new more nightlife-focused concept for the chef, which "blurs the lines between a restaurant, bar and ultra-lounge." What does that mean exactly? Apparently it means an American menu with "no boundaries," a "satisfying and provocative" cocktail program, and an AvroKO-designed dining room that will attempt to evoke a beachside Mediterranean villa...with a DJ.
The restaurant will debut in mid to late November, and while Mina has yet to release a menu, his reps mention the following dishes in a release today:
· a customized shellfish cart featuring local shellfish and ceviches
· Kobe Beef Shabu Shabu
· Alderwood Smoked Salmon
· Crispy Fish Tacos
· Kale & Artichoke Caesar Salad
· Potato-Crusted Pompano
· Grilled Red Snapper
· Spiny Lobster Spaghetti
· 'Jerk' Quail with foie gras rice and sugar pumpkin
· Roasted Sucking Pig Cubano style
· Miso-Glazed Black Cod with ramen noodles
· karashi and shitake consommé
· Moroccan short rib with roasted pepper couscous and coriander jus
· Amish Chicken Tagine with saffron rice, tomato relish and jalapeño aioli
· Black Truffle Omelet
· Lobster Pot Pie
· Tomato Tarte Tatin with warm burratta, caper berries and watercress
Stay tuned for more details as the opening approaches.
· All Coverage of Michael Mina [~EMIA~]