All the latest neighborhood and real estate news from Curbed Miami...
1) South Beach: The Miami Beach Convention Center competition, a Star Wars-like battle to the death between Rem Koolhaas and Bjarke Ingels, continues with new designs and renderings.
2) Brickell: Despite an underwhelming earlier rendering, a new look at the upcoming SLS Brickell hotel and residences shows that it, in fact, will not be bland at all.
3) Downtown: The ever-controversial Zaha Hadid's new downtown Miami condo tower is inspiring some rather, umm, inspired... commentary on the part of Curbed Miami readers. Our favorite: "Very similar to the xray image on the gawker post about the guy with the vibrating dildo stuck in his anus. Minus the dildo."
4) Star Island: That Real Housewife of Miami and her plastic surgeon husband who were fighting preservationists to be able to demolish their historic house recently received permission from the City of Miami Beach to go forward with the demo and then promptly sued the city for not giving it to them fast enough. Naturally, the couple sees nothing wrong with doing this.
· Curbed Miami [miami.curbed]