clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Accidents

Nitro%20cocktail%20ac.jpgAfter consuming a cocktail made with liquid nitrogen at a fundraiser, a woman ended up hospitalized with internal burns and "small tears or holes" in her "esophagus, stomach and lower bowels." Local10 reports that "the liquid nitrogen turned from a liquid to gas in her body" and "had nowhere to go, except to expand." The woman, Barbara Kaufman, claims it was a HaVen Lounge bartender who handed her the drink, which may have been improperly handled. [Local10]

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Miami newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world