clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Fire Nearly Breaks Out at Bocce Bar

Fire rescue called. No one was injured.

Image from last night

Yesterday evening during dinner service it seems a fire almost broke out inside Midtown's Bocce Bar. The restaurant was evcauted and fire rescue came to the scene to handle situation.

No one was injured and there is no damage to report, but the restaurant did have to close for the rest of the evening due to smoke.

Bocce Bar took the ordeal in stride, with its Director of Operations, Dana Riccobono, telling us, "No cooking casualties here, just an amber that caught flame from the pizza oven.  However it never hurts to have a Miami firefighter join the al fresco dining crowd for a little eye candy."

But it seems the servers didn't skip a beat, as they continued to serve evacuated guests (which happened to include actress Hayden Panettiere) on the sidewalk while fire rescue did its thing. [EaterWire]

Bocce Bar

3252 NE 1st Avenue, Miami, FL 33137 786-245-6211

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater Miami newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world