It was a long, booze-filled decadent weekend at South Beach Wine and Food. Here's what you need to know.
1) The day kicked off with the second annual Kitchen Collaboration brunch at Tongue and Cheek. While some chefs looked like they celebrated a little too much the night before, they still had a good time working the room.
2) Best of the Best brought out the crowds to sip wines and try food from some of the country's top chefs including Daniel Boulud, Scott Contant and Stephanie Izard. But with people battling longer than usual waits to get food and drink, some got frustrated. And many of the champagne booths running out well before the event was over.
3) Miami's own Pincho Factory took home the People's Choice crown at Burger Bash, first time a Miami restaurant has ever won the prize. Its Croquetesa burger was the winning recipe, which was more of a croqueta than a burger, but no one seemed to mind.
4) Plenty of cocktails were flowing at the late-night Art of the Tiki party. Host Emeril Lagasse's take on the retro drink was the surprising favorite of the evening for most people we spoke to, but the Broken Shaker's Randy Perez took home the official prize.
5) After Mix It Up with Morimoto and Friends, most people stayed behind to party into the wee hours at the Shelbourne's Drawing Room bar. Some party-goers headed to the Edition, where we spotted Bobby Flay partaking in a late night bowling game.
1) The day started off with the Grand Tasting Village. Miami restaurant's were the stars of the show with long waits for many of them. But many of the participating chefs seemed a bit annoyed with the wind-tunnel like conditions inside the tent making it hard for them to plate.
2) The Art Smith hosted 101 Gay Weddings was more like 29 gay weddings, but either way everyone seemed to be having a good time. Food was on hand from local chefs like Dena Marino and Richard Hales with an appearance by the Chippendales capping off the festivities.
3) Chris Lily of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q is strumming the Seminole Hard Rock guitar trophy for the SOBEWFF Meatopia's Fan Favorite Award in Miami Beach tonight. Chef Lily's Lamb Ribs with Rosemary Fig Sauce recieved the most Hard Rock guitar "Picks" to beat out all the brisket and pork shoulder contenders. Host Guy Fieri made sure to tell chef JJ Johnson, "Drinks are on you tonight" as he handed over a giant $1000 check and the Judges Choice Award to The Cecil and their Spicy Tamarined BBQ Oxtails and Afro-Asian Slaw.
4) The Cosmopolitan Hotel hosted its annual Chefs Afterparty at the soon-to-be open STK in the 1 Hotel. Marcus Samuelsson, Todd English and Dale Talde were all spotted in the crowd late into the night.
1) It wouldn't be a proper Grand Tasting experience unless Paula Deen showed up to hit on Robert Irvine and crack some not-so-PC jokes, and Deen didn't disappoint. She took to the tasting stage Sunday with Irvine, where she fondled herself — twice — and made jokes about "riding" Irvine all while cooking up a heart-attack inducing dish.
2) The festival took its talents off South Beach for the second to last event of the weekend at Swine & Wine at the Biltmore Hotel. Coral Gables own Cindy Hutson s took home the People's Choice prize for her Root Beer Brined Roasted Pig.
3) Closing out the festivities was the Best of the Munchies. Everyone was a bit worn out after several days of eating and drinking, but the mood was still upbeat.