EDGE Steak & Bar's resident Aussie chef, Aaron Brooks, is paying homage to his motherland by hosting an Australia Day celebration poolside at the Four Seasons Miami this Sunday, January 24 from 1 to 4 p.m.
Brooks called in some of his chefs "mates" for the celebration including Jose Mendin of Pubbelly Restaurant Group, Mike Pirolo of Macchialina and Bazi, Timon Balloo of Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill and Jamie DeRosa and William Crandall of Izzy’s Fish & Oyster. And as any good celebration should have it will feature unlimited beer from J. Wakefield Brewing, Wynwood Brewing and The Tank Brewing Co. along with Australian wines.
So what's on this all-star 'barbie menu? Here's the low down of what each chef is making:
- Mendin: lamb shoulder with grilled flat bread, pistachio tahini, roasted tomatoes & harrissa, smoked tzatziki, pickled salad
- DeRosa/Crandall: "Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie" made with a head-on prawn, lamb chorizo, and almond-gremolata
- Balloo: Fire-roasted east coast oyster topped with choice of aromatic butters guanicialle and rosemary, lemon grass and thai basil or red miso and chives
- Pirolo: Grilled pizza station featuring a classic pizza and "freestyle" options topped with items like calamari, marinated zucchini and housemate sausage
- Brooks: Kangaroo Pies, Steak and Chips, Sausage Rolls, and a 'Sausage Sizzle' served with soft bread and lager braised onions
Want to get in on the fun? Tickets $75 per person, $25 for children ages 6 to 12, and complimentary for those 5 and under. Buy them this way.